“I was aboard the U.S.S Monrovia APA-31, which was in route to Norfolk, Va., from a six month deployment in the Mediterranean. At approximately 9 PM a large submerged object was sighted on the starboard side, just aft of the stern.

The object was an elongated ovoid in shape, luminescent orange in color, and appeared to have a translucent quality.

The USO matched several course and speed changes, and rendered compass, radar, and radio equipment inoperable.

As quickly as the object seemed to have appeared, it disappeared.
The length of the sighting was approximately 90 minutes and was witnessed by 11001 members of the crew and a contingent of US Marines”.
USS Monrovia

“I reported the target to the ship and was informed that the target was also held on the ship’s radars, 14 in number, and for us to get a visual sighting if possible. This was impossible because of the clouds. The target retained his relative position for approximately 5 minutes and then departed in excess of one thousand miles per hour.

I was informed that the object was held on ship’s radars for approximately seven hours”.
Lt. Cmdr. M. C. Davies

“The observation that Ioannis S. Michalos, master of the Dolphin, registered upon his arrival in the port of Ashdod, two days after the event had occurred, revealed that at approximately 8:10 P.M., he, a lookout, and the cook witnessed three bright objects directly above the sea’s surface.

At this time the first electromagnetic effects were observed. The captain’s personal television, located in his office, stopped working.
Also, during the five minutes of this sighting, the magnetic, compass was 20 degrees further east than normal. The compass was again working correctly at 8:38″.
Hellenic M.V. Dolphin 1977

“Then we saw a large blue glow approaching our ship underwater from the stern..and it was pulsing almost like the way embers flicker.

It was sort of oval in shape, but being underwater one could not see a definite shape, except that is was about as wide as it was long and that our ship’s length was about the size of its diameter”.
USS Ponce

“I was on the command bridge outside on the port side and looking to the lights of Palm Beach in distance just abeam and then I saw the lights under the surface some 30-40 meters away just abeam in the depth of some 10-15 meters. It looked like a big airplane without wings, tail with all the windows lit on it. There were some 10-15 windows, but I did not count them”.
Captain of the Swedish vessel GRICHUNA 1970

“Suddenly, the lights went out. There appeared a yellow halo on the water. It turned to an orange, to a fiery red, and then started movement toward us at a fantastic speed, turning to a bluish red around the perimeter. Due to its high speed, its direction of travel, and its size, it looked as though we were going to be engulfed.

It stopped its movement toward us and began moving along with us about 45 degrees off the bow to the right, about 100 feet or so below us and about 200 to 300 feet in front of us. It was not in a level position; it was tilted about 25 degrees.

It stayed in this position for a minute or so. It appeared to be from 200 to 300 feet in diameter, translucent or metallic, shaped like a saucer, a purple-red fiery ring around the perimeter and a frosted white glow around the entire object. The purple-red glow around the perimeter was the same type of glow you get around the commutator of an auto generator when you observe it at night.

When we landed at Argentia (Newfoundland), we were met by intelligence officers. The types of questions they asked us were like Henry Ford asking about the Model T.

You got the feeling that they were putting words in your mouth.

It was obvious that there had been many sightings in the same area, and most of the observers did not let the cat out of the bag openly. When we arrived in the United States, we had to make a full report to Navy Intelligence.

I found out a few months later that Gander radar did track the object in excess of 1800 mph”.
Captain of Navy R5D aircraft,February 8,1951.

Crew members and passengers witnessed UFO emerging from the Atlantic ocean

Puerto Rico, the Caribbean’s so called Island of Enchantment, lies in one corner of the area that has become known as the Bermuda Triangle, renowned for the disappearances of ships and boats, and for sightings of ‘flying saucers’. It is here, in this former US. colony, whose politics and defence are still inextricably bound up with America, that much of my research into the USO phenomenon has focused.

A great deal of the strange activity around the island has centred on the 28,000 acres of mountainous rainforest known as El Yunque, on the north-eastern coast.

Jose Orlando Golis, who works for the Puerto Rican government, lives close to El Yunque. ‘Many people have seen UFOs flying over the water close to the surface,’ he told me. ‘Once, at 1am, we saw one with many coloured lights flying next to the sea just over the surface.

‘At first we thought it was a boat. It seemed to be dark underneath and had lights – mostly red and blue at another, upper level. Then it angled and moved upwards. It made a humming sound, and seemed to head in the direction of El Yunque.’

Felix Rivera is a diver with an underwater salvage company based near the American Naval Air Station which adjoins El Yunque, one of many U.S. bases on the island. He confirmed to me that UFOs and USOs have frequently been observed often by American military personnel.

‘Navy Seals – America’s elite special forces – have seen USOs here,’ he revealed. ‘Some have told me that these things will often come up close to boats, then shoot off. They move too fast underwater to be ours.’
Timothy Good,Unearthly Disclosure

Feb. 8, 1960 The Argentinean Navy was tracking two unidentified submerged objects beneath their waters. Then, on their sonar, they observed the underwater objects break apart. As soon as the objects broke apart, they flew out of the water and into the sky. This case caught the attention of the Soviet Union, who sent officials to investigate the incident.

March, 1963 A U.S. Navy submarine exercise was taking place off the coast of Puerto Rice. Sonar indicated an unidentified submerged object traveling well below the U.S. subs. The object was traveling at speeds of over 150 knots, and U.S. personnel were also astonished at the depth at which the USO was moving. The object was over 20,000 feet under the ocean. A typical “crush” depth for a submarine is 7,000 feet, but this object was exceeding the technical capabilities of all subs, even those of today. The USO was tracked for almost four days by the entire carrier crew. It was reported that the USO would propel away, but then stop to rest, allowing for continual tracking by the navy.

Nov. 11, 1972 Reported in the International Press, on Nov. 11, 1972, the Norwegian Navy was tracking a fast moving submarine like object on sonar. A fleet of surface ships with specially equipped sub hunter helicopters was assembled to find the object. On Nov. 20, 1972, the USO was seen visually for the first time. It was described as being a massive silent cigar shaped object. One of the ships promptly fired it’s guns and torpedoes at the craft. Some of the other ships who also saw the object fired at it, but the object began to dive. Then the ships started dropping depth charges. After tracking the object for two weeks, the Navy decided to blockade the cove and trap the object. However, after about fourteen or fifteen days, the object disappeared.

In March, 1963, American submarines were involved in exercises, with a fleet of surface ships, a hundred miles off the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico. One of the subs broke off from its assigned course and began pursuing an unidentified object that their scopes told them was travelling in excess of 150 knots at a depth of 20,000 feet!

Bruce Maccabee told us that such speeds and depths were, and still are, impossible for today’s submersibles, with the crush depth for submarines being about 7,000 feet. The USO was tracked for four days by the carrier group, with the object moving at impossible speeds before stopping. Reports were sent to CINCLANT (Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Command), but no determination was made as to the nature of the unidentified craft.

November 11th, 1972, and the Norwegian Navy began tracking a USO for two weeks in the Sognefjord, one of the longest and deepest fjords in the world. A fleet of ships and submarine-hunting helicopters were tasked with locating the object. On November 20th, the object was seen exiting the water. It was described as ‘a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object’. One of the ships opened fire on the object, but it simply sank back down beneath the waves. Depth charges were dropped to no avail. Then a plan was drawn up to blockade the fjord and trap the USO, but the object disappeared.

In 1960, the Argentinean Navy tracked two unidentified submerged objects in the Golfo Nuevo, 650 miles south of Buenos Aires. At first it was thought that they were US submarines, but then they appeared to break apart and fly out of the water. Paul Stonehill, co-author with Philip Mantle of UFO-USSR, explained how the objects simply emerged from the water and vanished. Paul went on to tell us that the Soviet leader at the time, Nikita Khrushchev, was so impressed with the report that he ordered his representative in Buenos Aires to find out more about the event.

In 1989, a large object was seen by multiple witnesses (and picked up on sonar) resting on the surface of the water in the Pacific Ocean. It released several, smaller objects before submerging. It was tracked on sonar heading south towards the Santa Catalina Channel before disappearing.

SOURCE: Argentine national newspaper “El Razón” 2 August 1967, also quoted in full in: Antonio Las Heras: “Informe sobre los visitantes extraterrestres y sus naves voladoras”: Buenos Aires, 1974.

SHIP REPORTING: Argentine-flag freighter “Naveiro”, ELMA shipping company, Buenos Aires. Ship was under command of Captain Julio Lucas Ardanza and heading for Buenos Aires to discharge. Crew of 40. Freight: Explosives and general cargo. Captain addressed a Press conference upon docking at Buenos Aires 2315 hrs 1 August 1967.

LOCATION: Waters of Santa Marta Grande, south of Gulf of Santa Catalina, about 120 miles off coast of southern Brazil.

CONDITIONS: A night sighting, dark with much marine phosphorescence.

TIME AND DATE OF OCCURRENCE: 1815 hrs Argentine time, Sunday 30 July 1967.

PARTICULARS OF INCIDENT: A good lookout was being kept because of the explosives aboard. The off-duty crew was at supper. The captain was called to the bridge by the first mate, Jorge Montoya, and shown what appeared to be a submarine about 9 metres off the starboard bow.

Captain Ardanza described the vessel as “a luminous submarine 30 metres in length the shape of an elongated Havanna cigar”. It was running semi-submerged. He could see no conning tower, periscopes, rudders or propellors. The submarine left no wake. It was clear to see because of its strange light blue/white luminescence. It remained alongside the ship for fifteen minutes matching it for speed, then increased to 25 knots, submerged and headed below the freighter and away”.

In response to reporters’ questions, Captain Ardanza stated that he had been a ship’s captain for twenty years and knew the difference between a submarine and a whale. The submarine was “rigid not flexible.” The sighting was reporting by radio to the Brazilian shore authority which failed to reply.